Click Here to read the full story
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The New Mexico Public Education Department has released new guidance on masks and COVID-19 protocols for the upcoming school year.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- All individuals in elementary schools regardless of vaccination status are required to wear a mask while: in a school building, on school transportation or at an indoor school-sponsored event.
- Secondary school students, staff and volunteers who are fully vaccinated and provide documentation of full vaccination are not required to wear masks.
- Secondary school students, staff and volunteers who are unvaccinated (and those who do not provide documentation of full vaccination) are required to wear masks while: in a school building, on school transportation or at an indoor school-sponsored event.
- Masks are not required outdoors for any individual.
- Unvaccinated spectators are required to wear masks at indoor school events' however, they are not required to provide evidence of vaccination status.
- Schools must identify the process for ensuring compliance with mask requirements, including posting signage in school facilities, announcing mask requirements at events and other necessary means for enforcement.
- Schools must advise individuals who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken their immune system to talk with their healthcare provider about steps that can be taken to manage the health risks.