Job interviews are nerve wracking, and no matter how much you prepare for them, you never know what types of questions you’ll be asked. Now sure, you can expect some standard questions, but sometimes an HR person will get a little creative, and sometimes things just get weird.
Well, now BuzzFeed has asked their readers to reveal some of the strange questions they were asked on job interviews, and, there certainly was no way to prepare for them.
Strange interview questions include:
- "Interviewing for a registrar position in an ER, the manager asked if I would have an issue not using the bathroom for eight hours. For some reason I said it was fine and worked there for four years, but honestly I should’ve ran after that question."
- "I was asked if I was a brand, which one would I be, and why? It threw me, but I said I’d be The Gap. I’m reliable and can be counted on in even the most stressful of situations. I got the job."
- "Strangest was asking me what part of a car I would be. I was interviewing to be an assistant pre-K teacher, so going from answering questions about kids to cars threw me off."
- "She asked me how I felt about conspiracy theories…then went on and on about lizard people and how they apparently run Hollywood and our government."
- "If you could be any kitchen appliance, what would you be and why?"
- "I was asked, 'How do you define honor?' I was interviewing to be a secretary."
- “I was asked how my husband would feel about me doing overtime. By the chief exec. I wasn't aware I'd applied for a job in the 1950s!"
- “The interview started off pretty normal. We were about to finish up when he asked if he could ask one more question…He then had the audacity to ask me if I enjoyed guilty pleasures such as touching myself. I walked out then and there and never looked back."
- "I was interviewing for a housekeeping position in a hospital. They asked me, 'If you found a severed foot lying on the floor, what would you do?'"
Photo: Getty Images