Nobody really loves to make dinner every night, which is why so many people rely on leftovers to get them through the week. But, based on findings of a new survey, some leftovers have way more appeal than others.
Conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Bosch home appliances
- 72% of Americans say they enjoy eating leftovers.
- For many, their weekly diet always consists of leftovers.
- In fact, the survey found the average weekly diet is made up of five home-cooked meals, three leftover meals, three takeout meals and three meals out at restaurants.
- 46% of people say they love leftovers because it’s easier than cooking.
- Another 32% eat leftovers because it’s affordable and they don’t have to buy more food.
- As for what makes a good leftover:
- Over half say it depends on how recently the food was made.
- 46% says it depends on how it smells.
- Another 46% says it depends where the food is from.
- And folks have some definite thoughts on what types of food make the best leftovers.
- The overall best leftover food is soup/stew (79%), followed by:
- Pizza (63%)
- Meat (62%)
- Pasta (60%)
- Rice (55%)
- Vegetables (54%)
- Chinese food takeout (53%)
- Roasted potatoes (52%)
- Sandwiches (47%)
- Tuna salad (47%)
- Egg salad (47%)
Photo: Getty Images