- New research finds that around 90% of Americans have at least one co-worker that annoys them. 57% said they had one co-worker that was so annoying they either thought about or did quit their job!
- The research also found the three most annoying co-worker habits and how you can deal with them.
- Interruptions were one annoying co-worker habit. One career coach told CNBC to try saying "Could you please let me finish?" to turn the floor back to you.
- Co-workers who take credit for someone else's work were also highly annoying. If someone tries to take credit for your projects, it's suggested that you enter the conversation with "As [co-worker] was saying, my idea to [explain project] would result in [impact].” or “Thank you for bringing that up, [co-worker], I know I shared this with you [date you spoke about the idea].”
- A co-worker who overshares makes up the top three most annoying co-worker habits. If you want an oversharer to zip it at work you can try redirecting the conversation to topics like a work project or business news. If that fails, then disengage by saying something like "I need to jump on a call."
CLICK HERE for the full story
Photo: Getty Images