A lot of people have probably started making vacation plans for the rest of the year, but how do you know when it’s the right time to pull the trigger and book to get the best deal? Well, CheapAir is here to help.
According to a new report:
- On average,76 days prior to departure is the best day to purchase a domestic airline ticket.
- That’s actually 12 days earlier than last year.
- And knowing the right day is key because fares changed 53 times after hitting the market.
- According to CheapAir, the 2022 Prime Booking Window when it comes to price is four months to three weeks prior to departure.
- Other tips for booking cheap flights include:
- Wednesday is the cheapest day of the week to fly, an average of $57 less than the most expensive day, Sunday.
- January and February is the least expensive month to fly domestically, about $100 less than flying around Christmas.
- For summer, August is the least expensive month to fly, and offers cheaper fares, with fewer crowds.
Photo: Getty Images