Pizza is the #1 comfort food in America, but not all pizzas are created equal. Some pizzerias go the extra mile to provide quality ingredients and preparation but others are just getting by. The folks at EatThis,NotThat! have come up with the 6 pizza chains that have registered the most complaints from customers.
- Domino’s – In the past, Domino’s haters said the pizza tasted like cardboard. As the world’s largest chain, they have tried to make amends. Unfortunately, studies show that they are one of the unhealthiest in the world and overpriced as well. Other complaints are lack of consistency, order mix-ups, uneven toppings, and some of the lowest quality beef on the market.
- Pizza Hut – This chain used to be the pizzeria of the U.S. but has fallen on hard times lately and has lost popularity. They also get slammed for poor quality meat, unhealthy pizzas, and one online comment thread even said, “Why does Pizza Hut pizza now taste bad?” That pretty much sums it up.
- Papa Johns – There has been a lack of quality from founder “Papa” John Schnatter in recent years even though he retired from the company in 2017, but the chain sells one of the unhealthiest pizzas out there – the extra-cheesy stuffed crust. They have also tried new menu items that have not been met with success.
- Sbarro – A food court staple, Sbarro has gone out of favor over the past few years, especially during the pandemic. Complaints range from “bad” food to pre-made pizzas that are warmed up with a heat lamp.
- Little Caesars – Little Caesars has had success lately for being consistent, affordable, and good pizza but they actually have a low-quality reputation. Some responses labeled the product as “cheap” and “edible” which is definitely not a good thing.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill – This once popular chain has had a 28.5% decline in sales during the pandemic and now has less than 100 restaurants. They serve deep-dish pizza, but customers complain about long wait times and mediocre food that’s unhealthy and bad for your heart.
We all know pizza is not a particularly healthy food choice, but these chains seem to get to be getting the most complaints.