The idea of being a billionaire seems like a dream for most people, and it is. But have you ever stopped to wonder how many people out there really and truly are billionaires? Well, now a new report reveals just that.
- Wealth-X is out with their Billionaire Census 2022, the ninth-edition of the report which reveals the world’s global billionaire population.
- Overall, the population of billionaires in the world grew by 3.3% in 2021, with 3,311 people in the world now considered billionaires.
- And those billionaires’ worth just keeps getting bigger, with their total wealth up 17.8% to $118.9 trillion.
- Amongst the billionaires of the world, only 20 qualify as “Super Billionaires,” worth over $50 billion.
So, where are all these billionaires?
- The U.S. has the highest number of billionaires, with 975.
- Overall, North America is the world’s leading billionaire region with 1,035.
- As for cities, Kuwait City, San Francisco and Hong Kong have the highest density of billionaires.
- The youngest billionaires are mostly from the technology industry.
Top 10 Billionaire Countries
(click here for the complete list)
- United States (975)
- China (400)
- Germany (176)
- India (124)
- UK (120)
- Hong Kong (114)
- Switzerland (111)
- Russia (107)
- Saudi Arabia (71)
- France (68)