Summer is a great time for families to get together, and it seems folks this summer are particularly excited about the prospect of reuniting with those they love.
A new Motel 6 survey finds:
- 57% of Americans traveling this summer have a reunion with family or friends planned.
- The average reunion will last three days.
- The average person hasn't gotten together with extended family in four years.
- That may be why 58% of people will be willing to travel further than ever before to reconnect with family and friends.
- The average traveler will travel nearly 80 miles for a reunion, while 32% will travel over 100 miles.
- 51% of travelers say reunions look different now than they did a few years ago.
- One big difference is who gets invited, with the invite list getting expanded to include:
- Friends (42%)
- Significant others (39%)
- Neighbors (34%)
- Pets (36%
- Still, there are lots of things folks look forward to when it comes to reunions, including:
- Returning to their favorite spot on the beach (42%)
- Reuniting with their favorite restaurants in their destinations (40%).
- 55% of those attending reunions can’t wait to celebrate old traditions, and create new ones.
- 64% are hoping to become more connected to their family traditions.
Source: SWNS Digital