Let’s face it, frozen cheese pizza is a popular, easy to prepare item that serves as a great snack or meal replacement. With that in mind, “Eat This, Not That!” has decided to put eight store brands to the test to find out which one is the best.
Their criteria? Pizza that’s cheesy with a semi-thick crust and homemade taste. Here are the rankings:
- Cali’Flour Foods Classic Cheese Pizza – This one had a thin crust and almost appeared like a flatbread and came in last when it came to flavor. They said the mozzarella cheese tasted okay but was overpowered by an excess of sauce and the crust was mushy even though it was thin.
- Daiya Cheese Lover’s Pizza – The crust was a bit thin and the cheese on this pizza was made from shreds that were cheese-flavored instead of actual cheese. With a salty, bland sauce this pizza did not make the grade.
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Four Cheese Pizza – according to the tester, this pizza tasted bland and heavy. It was soft and thick but despite having four types of cheeses (mozzarella, provolone, romano and parmesan) it didn’t taste like it.
- Milton’s Craft Bakers Four Cheese Cauliflower Crust Pizza – This pizza had a gluten-free crust and was similar to the Cali’Flour Pizza. The four cheeses were able to be tasted with no problem and the only complaint was that it was a little short on sauce.
- Banza Four Cheese Pizza – The Banza Pizza has a chickpea crust that the tester says tasted great and the four cheeses (mozzarella, white cheddar, provolone and parmesan) complemented the thick crust well for a highly rated choice.
- Red Baron Classic Crust Four Cheese Pizza – Red Baron’s pizza was almost too cheesy, according to the tester. It had a thick crust and sweet and tangy sauce and if you’re a cheese lover you would probably be happy with this choice.
- Freschetta Brick Oven Five Cheese Pizza – A popular choice with great taste, this Sicilian style pizza was one of the favorites even though it was a little light on the sauce.
- 1. Talia di Napoli Four Cheese Pizza – This was by far the number one pizza on the list with a great appearance and was the best frozen pizza this tester had ever had. Even though the sauce was a bit thin, it tasted just like homemade and the cheese was “next level”.