Thursday is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, and it seems there’s good reason the chocolate chip cookie is celebrated, since most people agree it is the best cookie out there.
A new survey by Crumbl cookies finds:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies is by far Americans favorite, with 62% of Americans saying there’s nothing better.
- 35% say the chocolate chip cookie is their favorite flavor.
- But there are some who like other cookies, including:
- Peanut butter (28%)
- Brownie/double chocolate (25%)
- Oatmeal raisin (23%)
- Shortbread (23%)
- When it comes to cookies, the average person will eat 21 a month as an adult.
- 24% say they’ll eat even more than that.
- Now there are lots of different ways chocolate chip cookies can be made, but the majority of folks say the perfect chocolate chip cookie is a fresh-baked and chewy one, made with brown sugar.
And it sounds like lots of people love making their own chocolate chip cookies.
- 40% of Americans say their baking skills are so good they could become a professional baker.
- 82% of Americans say they love baking their own cookies.
- Half bake their own cookies at least once a month.
- 64% say they are “confident” they can make the “perfect” cookie.
- Although it takes five tries before they master that perfect cookie.
Source: SWNS Digital