Drinking too much alcohol can make people do stupid things, so I guess it’s good to hear that most people insist they make smart choices when it comes to drinking booze.
A new survey finds:
- 52% of Americans insist they're what they’d describe as a “smart” drinker. (Of course they say that when they are sober.)
- 65% insist they are a master of knowing what and how much to drink.
- So, what exactly are some qualities of a smart drinker?
- Well, 49% say it’s someone who knows how to pace themselves to two drinks per hour.
- Other qualities of a smart drinker include:
- Eating a meal before drinking (53%)
- Not mixing different types of alcohol (45%)
- Knowing the alcohol content of what they are drinking (42%)
- Choosing low-volume alcoholic beverages (27%)
- When it comes to preventing the bad after effects of too much drinking
- 23% say it helps to stay away from drinks with too much sugar and/or congeners.
- 44% say it’s important to remember to sip water between drinks.
- 29% believe you should pay attention to the ingredients in drinks.
- And of course, one of the main things about being a smart drinker is to think about safety, with 52% of respondents saying remembering to coordinate a ride home is the key to being a smart drinker.
- Another 47% say it’s knowing how and why alcohol affects your body.
Source: SWNS Digital