Costco is known for some great food products at great prices, but the other side of the coin is that they also offer items that are not going over so well with customers. Here are 7 products that are getting some less-than-stellar reviews.
- Real Good’s Chicken Grande Enchiladas With Tomatillo Sauce – this is a keto-friendly frozen food that is getting complaints with one Redittor saying “tried the Realgood brand enchiladas. Costco, WTF were you thinking? 0 out of 5 stars” and another saying that these were “Super, SUPER bland with noticeable very low-quality cheese.”
- Real Good’s Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños – another Real Good item, one Reddit user said “RealGood has to be the worst brand sold.” Another remarked, “Ya cooked jalapeño poppers and all cheese came out and bacon didn’t cook.” Definitely not good reviews for these.
- Kevin’s Natural Food Products – Kevin’s offers bulgogi and Thai-Style Chicken and Coconut Soup among others but customers are not pleased with their products. One compared the Korean BBQ Beef to dog food and another called a chicken item “one of the worst Costco purchases [they] have ever made.”
- Fresh Produce – there have been numerous complaints about the produce from Costco going bad quickly with one user saying “Produce is the [staple] we buy elsewhere. Too many incidents with mold, rot upon slicing/prepping.”
- Apples – customers also complained about apples from Costco, especially the Honeycrisp variety. A user said “This is gonna sound weird, but the honey crisp apples very often have an odd and uniquely bitter taste. About 30% of the time, they’re delicious but WAY too often they’re just awful.”
- Avocados – another item with very mixed reviews, a Redittor said “I stopped buying the avocados a while ago because they wouldn’t ripen properly” and another said “the ones from Mexico ripen perfectly in a few days; the others are hard as a rock forever and end up in the trash.”
- Sushi – Costco’s sushi gets continual negative comments from customers. This Redditor said “Walk away. Do not buy these they are not good. The rice is way too tangy and the fish is mediocre” and another said the product was “some of the worst sushi [they’ve] ever had.