If you’ve ever seen McDonald’s international menu offerings and felt a little jealous that you couldn’t get that at your local drive-thru, you’re not alone. They have some interesting options at Mickey D’s around the world, but one thing you can be happy about? Not paying the higher prices attached to those items.
- A recent study looks at the range of prices of popular McDonald’s items both in the U.S. and around the world.
- It used the McDonald’s app and local delivery apps to find the price of different menu items, then converted the prices to U.S. dollars and ranked them.
- The study only ranks the items that topped the list in each country, then compares the most expensive items from each country against each other.
- McDonald’s has locations in more than 100 countries, but the top 10 most expensive menu items are mostly from Europe.
The Most Expensive McDonald’s Items in the World
- France’s Triple Cheddar and Double Beef Burger $15.70
- Liechtenstein’s Big Tasty Double Bacon $13.31
- tied with Switzerland’s Big Tasty Double Bacon, also $13.31
- Norway’s Dobbel Big Tasty $12.97
- Israel’s Big Premium New York $11.80
- Uruguay’s Club House 3 Carnes $10.27
- Denmark’s Homestyle Chicken Hot Curry $9.99
- Spain’s Signature Huevo Benedictine Doble $9.92
- New Zealand’s Crispy Chicken Almighty $9.55
- Netherlands’ Homestyle Crispy Chicken Honey Mustard $9.45
Other fun findings from the study include:
- The U.S. has the 19th most expensive Big Mac in the world ($5.35).
- Liechtenstein and Switzerland are tied for both the world’s most expensive Big Mac ($7.75) and Happy Meal ($8.17).
- The U.S. state where McDonald’s is the most expensive is Hawaii, and Mississippi is the cheapest.
Source: The Takeout