With Easter just a few weeks away, new research reveals what Americans are buying and eating for the holiday this year. A new survey from Instacart with over 2-thousand U.S. adult respondents finds that two in three Americans typically celebrate Easter and 92% of those plan to buy candy for the holiday.
The Instacart Easter food poll finds:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs top the list of candies sold, securing the number one spot in 29 states.
- Peeps and jelly beans are still popular choices, with 51% of respondents still planning to get jelly beans and 42% still buying Peeps.
- Aside from candy, one item many shoppers are adding to their Instacart baskets is food dye for egg decorating.
- Two-thirds of those who celebrate Easter usually dye eggs and 78% of those will eat the eggs they dye so they don’t get wasted.
- When it comes to Easter dinner, 74% of Americans prefer ham as the main course.
The top 10 Easter candies sold via Instacart
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Kinder Chocolate Candy Egg (With surprise toy inside)
- Starburst Easter Jellybeans
- Lindt Hollow Milk Chocolate Bunny
- Cadbury Creme Egg
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Candy Eggs
- Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate
- Peeps Yellow Marshmallow Chicks
- M&M’s Easter Milk Chocolate Candy
- Brach’s Jelly Bird Eggs
Source: NY Post