Stress can come from all kinds of different sources, from work deadlines to a fight with your boyfriend, and these days, people are certainly dealing with a lot of stress. But it turns out, where you live can affect stress levels, and new research reveals where people are the most - and least - stressed out.
- WalletHub compared all 50 states in 41 key indicators of stress to determine where people live a more relaxing life.
- They looked at factors in four key areas: work, money, family and health & safety-related stress.
- And they analyzed everything from average hours worked per week to median income to divorce rates in each state.
- Based on all of this, Mississippi tops the list as the most stressed state. It’s first for money-related stress, fourth for work-related stress, and seventh for health & safety-related stress.
- On the flip side, the least stressed state in 2023 is Minnesota, which is 50th for money-related stress, 47th for family-related stress and 44th for work-related stress.
Top 10 Most Stressed States in 2023
(Click here to see where your state lands on the list)
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
2023’s Least Stressed States
- New Hampshire
- South Dakota
- New Jersey
- North Dakota