Summer is all about pool parties, cookouts and enjoying long evenings outside, but it’s also prime time for pesky insects coming out in full force. A few mosquito bites, an army of ants or a swarm of flies can easily ruin a good picnic or barbecue. But not all places are plagued by bugs and a new report reveals where you’re most likely to encounter these annoying creatures.
- A new study from lawncare company TruGreen finds that the biggest pest challenges Americans expect to face this year include mosquitoes (46%) and ticks (38%).
- Their new report on the Buggiest Cities in the U.S. ranks the top metropolitan areas that are most affected by mosquitoes, fleas and ticks.
- Topping the list for 2023 is Los Angeles, followed by two areas in Texas, Houston and Dallas-Fort-Worth.
Top 10 Buggiest Cities in the U.S.
- Los Angeles, California
- Houston, Texas
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Sarasota, Florida
- Detroit, Michigan
- Cleveland-Akron, Ohio
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Florida
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania