We all have our own favorite chain restaurants, whether you only pull into their drive-thru on a road trip or you go so often they know you by name and know your order. The Top 500 Report has just come out from Nation’s Restaurant News, revealing the top chain restaurants in the country based on sales performance last year.
- They compiled sales performance figures of the 500 largest chain restaurants in the U.S. for 2022.
- The top restaurant chain in 2022 was McDonald’s, with $48.7-billion in U.S. sales last year.
- It’s been on top for years and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, as Starbucks, it’s next closest competitor, only did $27.5-billion in sales for 2022.
- Chick-fil-A comes in third with $18.8-billion and Taco Bell is fourth with $12.9-billion.
- As for the pizza wars, Domino’s continues to dominate and had $8.6-billion in sales in 2022 and it’s also the 10th highest-earning chain overall.
- Pizza Hut is 13th overall, with $5.3-billion in sales, Little Caesars is 17th ($4.7-billion) and Papa John’s is 26th ($3.7-billion.)
The Top 10 Restaurants in the U.S. based on 2022 sales
- Taco Bell
- Burger King
Source: Nation's Restaurant News