Whether it’s watching bad TV, or wolfing down your favorite snack while still in your pajamas, most people have a few guilty pleasures they don’t let people know about, and a new survey reveals the most popular guilty pleasures in the country.
Overall, the study by Vudu.com finds that 84% of the country has at least one guilty pleasure, with the average American giving into one of their guilty pleasures five times per week. And it seems some people have had their guilty pleasures for a while, with 18% of saying their guilty pleasure came from their childhood.
So, what is America’s top guilty pleasure? Well, it turns out it’s ordering take out because you can’t be bothered to cook, a guilty pleasure of 42% of people, although personally I don’t see why anyone would feel guilty about it.
America’s Top Guilty Pleasures(Click here to see the entire Top 30)
- Ordering takeout because you can’t be bothered to cook — 42%
- Falling asleep watching TV — 41%
- Sneaking an extra scoop of ice cream — 38%
- Putting off a task — 35%
- Buying yourself a treat — 35%
- Singing out loud in the car — 34%
- Staying in your pajamas all day — 32%
- McDonald’s — 32%
- Binging a whole TV show in one day — 28%
- Watching TV all day — 28%
Source: New York Post