The State Parks Division released some new information yesterday about the status of the parks. Here is the official news release.
Today the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department’s (EMNRD) State Parks Division announces that overnight use and campgrounds will remain closed through July 15th. Visitors with overnight camping reservations through July 15th will be issued a refund. Group shelters remain closed and all events are canceled.
31 State Parks remain open for day-use only.
Many parks continue to operate on a shortened schedule, for details on specific park hours of operation and additional information visit the State Parks website and know before you go.
- Keep groups to 5 people or less
- Bring hand sanitizer and additional personal protective equipment
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet or more while recreating
- Masks must be worn during face-to-face interactions
- Parks are open for day-use only
- Visitor centers and shower facilities remain closed
- No campfires or open fires
- Water access and trails will be open, but access may be limited to adhere to social distancing requirements
- No group shelter use or large organized events, in accordance with continued restrictions on mass gatherings
- Playgrounds closed
- To limit interactions, please use exact change when paying fees
- Limited concession operations
- Recreate responsibly and pack out all trash
- Follow all safety guidelines when boating or swimming
To ensure the safety of visitors, Parks staff, and local communities, EMNRD thanks our visitors for continuing to adhere to social distancing and hygiene guidelines while visiting our parks. Additional details on reopening facilities will be provided when it is deemed safe to do so.