Medical Experts Share Best Food Resolutions For 2022


As 2021 finally wraps up, lots of us looking for a fresh start in the coming year. And that’s where New Year’s resolutions come in. People make them for all kinds of things, from finances to fitness, but actually sticking to them is the real challenge. If healthy eating is one of your goals for 2022, here’s what doctors, nutritionists and dietitians advise to help you make it happen.

  • Add, don’t take away - Registered dietitian Sydney Greene recommends fighting the urge to cut foods out of your diet and embracing what you can add in. Consider eating more seeds, microgreens and fermented foods that have powerful nutrient profiles and she says your brain and gut will thank you.
  • Enjoy the choices you make - Take the time to enjoy each bite of what you eat, suggests Dr. Howard Grossman. Also, stop dieting and find a healthy way of eating that makes sense for you and lets you enjoy eating.
  • Worry less - “Stop micromanaging your food choices and instead, trust that food is your friend and an important aspect for well-being and longevity,” says registered dietitian Lisa Moskovitz.
  • Make your goals approachable - Want to drink less alcohol in 2022? Lots of people try to go cold turkey with Dry January, but registered dietitian nutritionist Lauren Manaker says that complete deprivation can lead to major binging in February. She recommends doing a “damp January” instead where you have one to two drinks a week so it’s easier to stick to.
  • Live by the 80/20 rule - This one is all about balance and finding goals you can maintain over time. Registered dietitian Amy Goodson explains that the 80/20 rule means that 80% of the time you focus on what you should be doing, like eating lean protein, healthy fat and lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Then the other 20% of the time, you can indulge in some foods you shouldn’t have every day.

Source: Eat This Not That


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content