While some companies will offer employees tons of perks to keep them happy, it’s pretty apparent that for many there’s only one thing that will do the trick – more money. A new CareerBuilder survey finds:
- Money is a top priority for most folks in the workplace.
- In fact, 47% of those polled say a good salary is the thing they most appreciate about their job, along with job security.
- And money is even more important than time.
- 66% of employees say they would prefer a 10% pay increase rather than an additional week of PTO.
- When it comes to salary, 89% of employees expect an annual pay increase from their employer.
- 46% want at least a 5% raise.
- 16% expect a 10% raise or more each year.
- Men or more likely than women to expect at least a 5% raise (57% vs. 36%).
And it’s apparent that for many folks, their current job isn’t quite cutting it when it comes to money.
- 53% of folks say they need to work more than one job to survive.
- That includes:
- 66% of Millennials
- 57% of men
- 49% of women.